Cialis is indicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Cialis is a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor. It works by helping to increase blood flow into the penis during sexual stimulation. This helps you to achieve and maintain an erection.
Use Brand Cialis as directed by your doctor.
- Take Cialis by mouth with or without food.
- For use as needed: Take Cialis at least 30 minutes before sexual activity, as directed by your doctor. Cialis may work for up to 36 hours after you take it.
- For daily use: Take Cialis regularly at about the same time each day.
- Talk with your doctor if you have questions about how you should take Cialis.
- Check with your doctor before you eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you are taking Cialis.
- For use as needed: If you miss a dose of Cialis and you still intend to engage in sexual activity, take it as soon as you remember. Continue to take it as directed by your doctor.
- For daily use: If you miss a dose of Cialis, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
For use as needed
- The recommended starting dose of Cialis for use as needed in most patients is 10 mg, taken prior to anticipated sexual activity.
- The dose may be increased to 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg, based on individual efficacy and tolerability. The maximum recommended dosing frequency is once per day in most patients.
- Cialis for use as needed was shown to improve erectile function compared to placebo up to 36 hours following dosing. Therefore, when advising patients on optimal use of Cialis, this should be taken into consideration.
For once daily use
- The recommended starting dose of Cialis for once daily use is 2.5 mg, taken at approximately the same time every day, without regard to timing of sexual activity.
- The Cialis dose for once daily use may be increased to 5 mg, based on individual efficacy and tolerability.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Cialis.
Store Cialis at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Cialis out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Tadalafil.
Inactive Ingredients: Croscarmellose sodium, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium lauryl sulfate, talc, titanium dioxide, and triacetin.